Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! And happy Thursday to all my international friends! Here in the U S of A we are taking today off to spend time with those people we care about, eat loads of delicious food, watch some football, and focus on the things (and people) for which we are thankful.
Since I’m kind of obsessed with gratitude right now, I wanted to share a list of 10 things that I am grateful for this year.
1. Peter. My boyfriend is extremely supportive of me following my dreams and I wouldn’t have had the courage to launch Your Super Awesome Life this year if it hadn’t been for his love and encouragement. Plus, he’s just a really cool guy and I love him like whoa.
2. Friends. I feel so lucky to have a group of friends, some I’ve known my entire life (literally, they were at my first birthday party) and some I’ve just met in last year, who I can count on to be there for me, no matter what. They’re the bees knees.
3. Health. This year I’ve been more aware and appreciative of my health. Because my body is strong and healthy, I have been able to practice yoga regularly and run a half-marathon and that is pretty awesome.
4. Family. Even though we have our ups and downs, I’m am incredibly grateful for my family and all of the love and support they have shown me over the years. I wouldn’t be who I am if it wasn’t for them.
5. My freedom. I am blessed to live in a country where my choices are my own and my privacy is respected and I am oh, so thankful for that. I think this is something we often take for granted, so I trying to be more intentional in expressing my gratitude about this.
6. The internet. Seriously. Without the internet I would not have begun blogging met some of my very best friends. I would not have found a place where I could be myself, share my struggles, be honest, and still be accepted for me.
7. Coffee. I am probably the worst morning person you will ever met. I’m not sure I would ever really wake up with the help of coffee and caffeine. Plus, it just smells really good.
8. Hanson. Their music brought me through my most awkward teenage years and so they will always have a special place in my heart, but still. Listening to their albums is like talking with an old friend.
9. Nail polish. It may seem weird, but nail polish does this thing for me where it can turn a bad mood around, make me feel fancy, and dress up any boring outfit. I just love it.
10. You. For real. I am thankful that you’re here and that you’re reading this and we’re friends. (And if we’re not friends, we totally should be! Leave a comment and let’s fix that ASAP!)
What are you thankful for this year? Happy Thanksgiving!