This is one of our Inspirational Interviews in which we talk to people who have imagined big dreams, made them a reality, and are living a life they love. Today we are talking to Karie Hill who is a financial coach and teaches women how to create freedom through money.
1. Tell us a little about yourself!
I’m an Oprah, soft rock, personal development junkie. I like sipping whiskey and I’m obsessed with my book collection. I was voted class clown in high school and strive for mastery for the sake of the climb. I am an enthusiast for life and the last to leave a party. I believe that success means nothing without great girlfriends to celebrate with, and hope that everyone I come in contact with feels inspired by our connection.
2. What does living a “super awesome life” look like for you?
A “super awesome life” looks like having as much fun as possible no matter what you’re doing. I love to turn on good music while I cook dinner, or share a laugh with my favorite people. Being in the energy of fun is totally magnetic.
3. What inspired you to become a financial coach?
I saw the women in my life stuck in jobs they hated or relationships that were unhealthy because they couldn’t afford to leave. It became my mission to create exciting possibility and freedom for women around the world through money.
4. What has been your biggest challenge since leaving your job in law enforcement and becoming an entrepreneur?
Figuring out how the heck to market something that most people resist more than anything else in their life. People would rather talk about poop or sex than their money! I’ve tried to find a way to make it as fun as possible.
5. What advice would you give to women who want to stop feeling held back by money and begin living a life they love?
Take the first step. Don’t be afraid to look in your money mirror. Make sure that you know exactly what you want and align your money with that. For example, if you desire a better wardrobe, or more travel, look at the spending that’s not aligned with that and cut it out.
Money is nothing more than the energy that supports your life.
6. What little things in life right now make you you do a happy dance? Big things?
Little things: This non-profit bookstore in Chicago where all the proceeds go to children’s literacy programs. The have THE best selection, and most books range from $2-$5. I could sit there for hours!
Big things: The next phase of my business. I’ve got some great things cooking and can’t wait to share them with the world.
7. In the movie of your life, who would you want to play you?
Natalie Portman. I have such a girl crush on her!
8. What is one thing you’d like to change about the world?
The self-trash talking that goes on by women. I think it is such a privilege being a woman and we are all so gorgeous. I wish we would embrace our beauty instead of complaining about cellulite.
9. What quote best represents you or motivates you in your current place in life?
“The Soul of the World is nourished by people’s happiness.” The Alchemist
10. What inspires you to continue living a life you love each day?
The women I have the privilege of coaching. When I get an email or have a breakthrough during a session, I always think, “THIS is why I do this work.” It’s incredibly fulfilling.
Thanks so much for sharing, Karie!