At the end of each year, I cozy up on the couch with a cup of cinnamon spice tea and a warm blanket to review the previous 12 months. I take time to reflect back and look at what worked in my life and biz, and what didn’t.
There’s something magical about pausing for a few hours to uncover the gems you may have missed in the busy shuffle of your every day life.
When you celebrate the moments of joy and growth, and acknowledge the sadness and disappointment, you’re able to fully appreciate them for what they are, and look at the year to come with fresh eyes and an open heart.
If you don’t already have a ritual to review your year, now’s the time to start a new tradition.
Here are 30 of my favorite questions to get you started:
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. What am I thankful for?
3. What super awesome memories did I make?
4. What went really well?
5. What lessons have I learned?
6. What disappointed me?
7. What didn’t work out?
8. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
9. What did I my finances look like?
10. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
11. Where has self-doubt taken over?
12. When have I felt the most alive?
13. What am I now obsessed with?
14. What do I need to let go of?
15. What do I need to remember moving forward?
1. What projects have I completed?
2. What did I enjoy doing the most?
3. Who did I enjoy working with the most? How come?
4. Who did I enjoy working with the least? How come?
5. When did I feel the most creatively inspired?
6. Which month did I make the most money? How come?
7. Which month did I make the least amount of money? How come?
8. How much money did I make overall?
9. What was my greatest source of income? (Examples: one-on-one coaching, group coaching, e-books, affiliate sales)
10. What did I spend my money on? Did it move my business forward? (Examples: courses, conferences, facebook ads, video equipment)
11. What was my most opened email newsletter? Why do I think people opened it?
12. Which blog post received the most comments? How come?
13. Which marketing strategies worked really well? (Examples: webinars, guest posts, video series, facebook ads)
14. Which marketing strategies were a total flop?
15. How has my business grown this year?
What are your favorite questions to ask yourself at the end of each year? Leave them in the comments below!
P.S. If you want a little extra support mapping out your plan for 2015, surrounding yourself with go-getters, and making your goals stick (for real this time), there are still a few spots open for Dream Quest. I’d love for you to join us for 4 months of group coaching to help you follow through on your goals and make 2015 your best year yet. Find out more here.
[photo credit: branditressler]